The holidays are a time to celebrate faith, family and friends, and as 2019 comes to a close, we reflect with gratitude on all of the good fortune the year brought our way. One of the activities from 2019 we are most proud of came from our most treasured resource, our employees. Several throughout our company stepped up to lead the charge to help support local charities conducting special programs or drives during the holiday season. We, in turn, supported those employees and organizations by carrying out a company-wide Holiday Give Back in November and December.
Mulzer Family of Companies chose 5 organizations, scattered throughout our operating region, who faithfully serve the communities we live and work in. The organizations chosen and sponsored by our employees in 2019 were:
- Ann’s Angels of Hope – Serving Harrison & Crawford County, Indiana
- Employees donated winter clothing and specific food items that were placed in backpacks for the students to take home for use over the break. We donated enough food to fill 100 backpacks!
- United Caring Services – Serving Vanderburgh County, Indiana
- Employees donated a car full of urgent need items requested by UCS to help during their busiest time of the year.
- Community Action Center – Serving Spencer County, Indiana
- Employees donated boxes and boxes of food and clothing donations to support the CAC and their mission.
- N. Perry Head Start Students – Serving Perry County, Indiana
- Employees helped Santa by donating Christmas gifts for all of the students in the program.
- Crawford County Head Start & Family Services – Serving Crawford County, Indiana
- Employees donated meal bags for 74 families in Crawford County to celebrate Christmas dinner over the holidays.
“We are proud to support these important organizations in our operating region who serve some of our most needy community members, and at the same time, support employees who champion these organizations in their free-time,” commented Ken Mulzer, Jr., President. “It is truly amazing to see what we can accomplish when we work together, especially during the holiday season.”